A public lecture series of Cyber Security
Discussion on cyber security will continue in spring 2016 with a series of five lectures.
Aalto University will organise a public lecture series "Cyber security affects all of us", which takes an in-depth look at cyber security themes from different perspectives over the course of five lectures. The lectures, which will be open to everyone, examine current topics and explain cyber security in a way that all of us can understand.
Each lecture can also be viewed either via a live feed or at a later time online. A link to the live feed comnet.aalto.fi/video
The Twitter hashtag for the lectures is #aaltokyber.
We hope to see you there!
Digitalisaation mahdollisuudet ja turvallisuus (in Finnish)
Tuesday 19 January 2016, at 17–19, TUAS Building, Hall AS2, Otaniementie 17, Espoo
- Anne Berner, Minister of Transport and Communications
- Jyrki J. Kasvi, Member of Parliament
The current situation in European Cyber Security (in English)
Tuesday 9 February 2016, at 17–19, TUAS Building, Hall AS2, Otaniementie 17, Espoo
- Steve Purser, Head of ENISA's Core Operations Department
- Mikko Hyppönen, Chief Research Officer, F-Secure
Luottamus digitaalisessa turvallisuudessa (in Finnish)
Tuesday 8 March 2016, at 17–19, TUAS Building, Hall AS2, Otaniementie 17, Espoo
- Senior Researcher Antti Pelkonen, VTT
- Professor Jarno Limnéll, Aalto University
Cybersecurity is a team sport (in English)
Tuesday 12 April 2016, at 17–19, TUAS Building, Hall AS2, Otaniementie 17, Espoo
- Sven Sakkov, Director of the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence
- Mikko Heiskanen, Chief of C5, Defence Forces
Suomi kyberturvallisuuden kärkimaita 2016? (in Finnish)
Tuesday 3 May 2016, at 17–19, Mellin Hall, Otakaari 1, Espoo
- Heikki Välivehmas, Head of Unit, Ministry of Defence
- Kirsi Karlamaa, Director-General of the Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority
- Raimo Luoma, CEO of the National Emergency Supply Organisation (NESO)
- Timo Piiroinen, Head of Cybercrime Center
- Timo Kotilainen, chairman of the Finnish Information Security Cluster (FISC)
- Olli-Pekka Rantala, Head of the Communications Data Unit, Ministry of Transport and Communications
- Aku Hilve, chairman of the Finnish government's security committee, Ministry of Finance
- Risto Kolstela, Secretary-General of the Secretariat of the Security Committee
- Minna Holopainen, news journalist, STT
Students can get 2 credits for the lecture series. For more information see the MyCourses page.
Professor Jarno Limnéll
+358 40 527 6173
Aalto University, School of Electrical Engineering